Maintaining optimal tire pressure is an important component to vehicle safety and handling. Douglas Automotive Repair Inc is equipped to help you.
We start with a systems test on all of your tire-pressure sensors to help in diagnosing the problems. This also involves:
Checking your vehicle’s tire pressure
- Checking the sensor located in the tire assembly to verify that its accurately transmitting data to your vehicle’s computer system
- Replacing any pressure sensors if required
- Using a specialized TPMS tool to reset the sensors
- Replacing the valve core, cap, nut, and O-ring (seal) if needed before remounting the tire
Why is my vehicle’s tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) important? The TPMS is an electronic system used to monitor the air pressure inside your tires (including your spare). Maintaining optimal inflation for your tires is important for several reasons. Potential benefits include helping to:
- Improve vehicle safety and handling
- Increase fuel economy
- Decrease tread wear
- Reduce braking distance
- Reduce CO2 emission
How do I know when to have my TPMS checked? Most vehicles today are equipped with tire pressure monitoring systems. If your “low tire pressure” warning light comes on when the key is turned in the “on” position, it means your vehicle is equipped with the system.
If your warning light comes on and stays on, it means your tire pressure has dropped below the manufacturer’s recommended level and you should have it checked out to help ensure correct tire pressure and properly functioning tire sensors.
Call Douglas Automotive Repair Inc today to have your tire pressure monitoring system checked out. Or, use our convenient on-line request form to schedule your vehicle.