Thanks for visiting the Douglas Automotive Repair, Inc. blog. Today’s post lists 5 important reasons car owners should follow recommended maintenance schedules.
- Be Safe A well-maintained car doesn’t put you and your passengers at unnecessary risk. Think brakes, headlamps, tires.
- Get Better Fuel Economy Regular maintenance is an investment in optimum fuel economy. Inadequate tire pressure, a dirty fuel system, and a clogged air filter are just a few things that reduce gas mileage.
- Preserve Resale Value How many used car buyers will pay full blue book for a car with a filthy engine, clogged filters and bald tires?
- Don’t Void Your Warranty Your warranty claims may be denied if your service history doesn’t fulfill the minimum requirements recommended by the automobile manufacturer.
- Save Money Regular maintenance prevents catastrophic, costly repairs.
Here are some Douglas Automotive Repair, Inc. tips to help you remember the main items:
First: Fluids. Oil, transmission fluid, coolant, power steering fluid, brake fluid, differential fluid, etc. We can take care of all of these for you.
Then think Tires. Air, rotation, balancing, and alignment. And while you’re thinking tires, think brakes and shock absorbers.
Air and Fuel. Air filter replacement, fuel filters and Douglas Automotive Repair, Inc. fuel system cleaning.
This doesn’t cover everything, we can help you with the rest.
Give us a call today!