Many budget-conscious auto owners who need a reliable vehicle can’t even consider buying a new one. So they are forced to take their chances with a used one. If you are in this situation, how can you find a vehicle that is going to serve you well for many years to come? Douglas Automotive Repair offers these five tips for buying used:
1. Ask for service records. Most owners who document regular maintenance service take care of their vehicle.
2. Inspect the vehicle thoroughly. Check for uneven tire wear, alignment issues, suspension issues, strange sounds and funky odors.
3. If everything checks out up to this point, bring it to us for a thorough used car inspection. We can give you a heads up on any pressing issues or emerging problems that will need to be addressed eventually. If the seller won’t let you do this before you buy, move on.
4. Buy a CarFax report. This will show any major collisions and title status concerns including whether it is a salvaged vehicle. You don’t want a car that was underwater for a week after a hurricane.
5. After you buy, stay on top of regular maintenance (and save the records). Douglas Automotive Repair will help keep your car running well and you will enjoy not having a car payment.
If you’re thinking of purchasing a used car, give us a call to have us do a Pre-Purchase Vehicle Inspection!
#automotive #carrepair #mechanic #localshop